CAST-DESIGNER'S CORE TECHNOLOGY
- Simulate the physical phenomena and mechanical behavior of thermal, metal filling, solidification and cooling process. The thermal, flow, stress and micro-structure solvers are fully coupled.
- Fully automatic mesh generation.
- Rich heat source model for welding simulation.
- Special interface for welding sequence design and simulation.
- Dual solver technology, the FEM solver and FVM solver are fully coupled in the same mesh system.
- Build in CAD kernel, fully parametric CAD design capability.
- Support automatic optimization (DOE/GA/PSO method)
- Full CAD driven automatic optimization solver, all geometry and process parameters could be optimized.
- Innovation technology to speed up simulation in express.
- Excellent parallel computing performance.
CAST-DESIGNER WELD includes a general CAD environment with powerful surfacing tools designed according to process designer requirements; such CAD environment was used the OPENCASCADE kernel.
ADVANCED CFD SOLVER
Cast-Designer's powerful Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), FVM based solver, incorporates many advanced features in flow the calculation like surface tension effects, viscous shear stress combined with gravity leads to buoyant flow, turbulent phenomena greatly enhance the diffusion of momentum and enthalpy also modelled. For fluid dynamics simulation, the algorithm solves equations of conservation of mass and momentum for any number of immiscible, incompressible fluids, and tracks the interfaces between them, two fluid model (liquid metal + air) effective in bubble formation.
Weld bead design
In a weldment assembly, Weld Bead Generator can create fillet welds, groove welds, and cosmetic welds. Create intermittent or continuous fillet welds along the length of selected faces or wires, or use a groove weld to connect two faces with a solid weld bead.
- User defined weld bead.
- All weld features are integrated into the 3D design.
- The weld visualization and specification is displayed in the drafting environment.
Cast Designer has more than 400 industry standard materials in the database including Steel, iron, Stainless Steel, Copper, Mg, Zn, Ni, Lead, Gold, Silver & Aluminum alloys and varieties of mould materials.
The welding material was special validated by industrial, the user also can input the new material to the user database.
Unique Mesh Technology
- Fully automatically mesh generation.
- Very strong 3D hexahedron and tetrahedron mesh capability for complex geometry.
- Support GUI mode and batch mesh mode, fully parametric, easy to re-mesh.
- Special treatment for CAD defects, i.e. geometry gap, overlay, intersection or unclose, face lose etc.
- Rich mesh options: local mesh, mark point, tin region mesh, 2D surface mesh, shell mesh, advance mesh smoothing, quality control etc.
- Fully automatic mesh assembly, support mixture mesh type.
- Bar element as weld trajectory curve.
- Only one windows page to setup the welding process, boundary condition and control parameters for heat transfer, flow and stress simulation.
- With rich material data in database, welding material could be selected from database directly.
- Pre-defined template for welding and assembly process, as well as user can define the process in free.
- All conditions and parameters could be save to template file for future usage.
- Support automatic optimization directly.
- Welding sequence design and plan interface.